Monday, April 2, 2012

Cooking is THAT easy?

I was given a Crock Pot for my birthday, and I was SUPER excited to use it. My mom always made the best meals when she used the Crock Pot----now it was my turn to steal the spot light and start cooking.

I made my first meal in the Crock Pot yesterday, and let me tell you how EASY it was! I think I am going to have a great relationship with the Crock Pot.

I wanted to share the recipe with you all so that you can give it a try. The recipe is VERY easy, especially for those that are "new comers" to their new friend-Crock Pot.

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 cup salsa 1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions: 
 
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on high for 6 hours OR low for 8 hours



Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

SERVE! and ENJOY!  I served mine with rice; however, you can serve it with tortillas, chips, etc-the possibilities are endless.

The best part-------the chicken is only 157 per serving and 3 grams of fat per serving. The recipe above makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment