Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas buzz IN a cup!

I have a secret and I need to tell you all. Maybe you know this little secret, but I hadn't a clue until recently. A month ago, I took my cousin on a suprise road trip for her 22nd birthday. Along the way we stopped at a little town called Solvang; a super CUTE little Danish Village in the heart of Santa Barbara's wine country and it is ADORABLE.


We stopped in at a wine tasting room called Sort This Out Cellar. We did the usual tasting, and when we were about to leave the bar tender said that she still had one tasting left for us. I sipped on the cup and IMMEDIATELY felt a Christmas rush through my body [[you know---all warm and fuzzy, and as if I threw on Coast 103.5 Xmas Station on]]. What the heck was this stuff? We'll, after I ramped and raved for my friends around me to try it- I finally ask the bartender what it was. It was Mulled Wine [Christmas freakin buzz in a cup as id like to call it].
Seeing as I needed to have this around the holidays, I went ahead and purchased the pre packaged spices that Sort This Out Sellars sold to their customers so that I could make my own Mulled Wine on my own.  Now--seeing that Solvang is a bit of a drive, I went ahead and found a alternative easy receipe that you would be able to use to make Mulled Wine.

TRY IT OUT!
  1. 1 bottle of Red Wine
  2. 1 cup of water
  3. 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
  4. 2 tsp lemon juice
  5. 10 cloves
    6. (4) whole cinnamon sticks
Place all ingredients into a pan, and simmer in pan for 1 hour. After 1 hour serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment